Who we are?
The Office for Science and Technology (OST) is a department from the Embassy of France in the U.S.A. of 24 staff members including professors, senior researchers and engineers located in the Embassy (Washington, DC) and 6 consular offices (Atlanta – Boston – Chicago – Houston – Los Angeles – San Francisco). The OST is dedicated to bilateral FR-US collaborations in Science and Technology.
Thanks to its wide territorial presence and wide range of science disciplines, the OS&T is an active, reactive and proactive observer of the scientific activity, of technological innovations and their impact. The missions of the OS&T are:
- Monitor and report advances in Science and Technology in the US through newsletters and diplomatic channels
- Promote bilateral partnerships in science, technology and innovation
- Foster exchanges and increase mobility of researchers, doctoral students and entrepreneurs
- Serve as a liaison between French and American academic and scientific organizations as well as between the two countries’ central governments and the European Delegation
- Increase the visibility of France’s foremost laboratories, universities and start-ups
- Support young innovative companies and the internationalization of competitiveness clusters
The OS&T is headed by a Science Counselor. The OS&T houses and works closely with the North America Representatives of the 3 French research agencies: CNES, CNRS, et INSERM, forming the Mission pour la Science et la Technologie (MS&T).
Close collaboration between the OST and other diplomatic divisions, such as the Economic Department, the Cultural Services of the Embassy of France as well as French Research Organizations (CNRS, Inserm, CNES, other research agencies, universities and engineering schools, centers for technology transfer, competitiveness clusters, incubators, businesses…), allows the OST to efficiently handle the many economic and social implications of current science and technology issues.
This event is proposed by the OS&T office in Chicago.
Get in Touch
how to find us
Office for Science and Technology205 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 3720Chicago, IL 60601
Have Any Questions?